Do you want an affordable, feature-rich, powerful web hosting platform that makes it easy for you to start your website?
What kind of website do you want to launch? iPage is great for…
- Starting a blog (I recommend their 1-click WordPress blog setup)
- Starting an online store
- Creating a professional business website to attract leads and sales
- and more…
So if you want to do any of the above, I highly recommend iPage for you.
iPage is a wise choice for normal web hosting. They also offer a website builder. But I need to tell you something.
If you want to use a drag-and-drop website builder, don’t use iPage. Here’s why…
You see, iPage’s website builder is an old version of Weebly. They haven’t updated it in a long time, and honestly, it’s clunky and has old-fashioned styling and just isn’t up-to-date with current web design and user experience trends in 2015.
So what’s the solution? I recommend you try eHost because their web hosting plan includes a terrific site builder.
Oh, and I should tell you that eHost is on sale as I write this post, for just $2.99 per month. That’s 50% off the regular price of $5.98/month, so you picked a perfect time to check them out.
Anyway, on to iPage. Here’s an overview and some history for you. 🙂
Founded in 1998, iPage is located in Burlington, MA and hosts over 1.5 million websites. Over 1,000 new customers join every day.
Value For Money
iPage publicly offers one web hosting plan called the Essential Plan.
The core of their business is to focus on making things easy to use while also providing powerful features, creating a comprehensive web hosting service.
For the latest updated pricing and special offers, see Bryan’s iPage Review over at Hosting Review Box.
Here’s the latest I found, as of the time of writing this post:
Today, iPage is on sale for $1.99/month – that’s 80% off the regular price of $9.99/month.
iPage also offers some extra services you can add during checkout. Some of them are checked automatically. As you know from watching my video tutorials, the only choice I use is the automated site backup.
Ipage’s extras include:
- Domain Privacy Package – $8.99/year
- Identity theft protection and data security package – $12.95/year
- iPage jumpstart package – $12.95/year
- iPage Directory listing – $12/year
- Daily Automatic Site Backup -$12.95/year
- Customer connection package – $19.95/year
Money Back Guarantee
If you are dissatisfied in any way with iPage hosting, you can activate the iPage “Anytime Money Back Guarantee.” This ensures you get a full refund for the remainder of your iPage contract.
If you registered your domain directly with iPage, you’ll be charged a one time fee of $15 upon cancellation. This fee ensures that you’ll be able to transfer your domain name to any other web hosting service provider. There are no additional fees.
Is iPage Easy To Use?
Watch the short video below as I set up iPageTrainingDemo.com from my account.
IPage offers 24/7 US-based customer support via phone and online chat. Every time I’ve called, someone friendly answered within 1 minute. They claim an average hold time of 2 minutes. My experience so far with iPage on the phone is great.
Their online chat support is obviously outsourced, but still helped me out. My average wait time in chat is 3 minutes. At first, I was skeptical because I heard that chat support reps usually only submit tickets for you. But I wanted help with my MySQL database for a web app i’m building, and they fixed it for me in chat. I was shocked yet impressed.
Besides calling and chatting, I also emailed iPage support.
- Very affordable pricing without sacrificing features.
- 1-Click Website Setup and Easy to use drag-and-drop website builder
- Proactive customer service
- Google webmaster tools integration
- Free $50 Google Adwords credit and $50 Facebook Ads credit comes with hosting package.
- Programmers and developers may want to look elsewhere, as SSH/shell access is unavailable.
- Most of the add-on/upgrade services are only useful for complete newbies.
- The wait time for chat support is too long in my opinion. I prefer their phone support.