Run a Photo Gallery On iPage
The best way to feature pictures on a website is by using photo galleries. You’ve probably seen one and wondered how the site owner or webmaster was able to integrate such awesome feature on their sites. It might seem hard to create and publish photo galleries, but the fact is – even beginners can include them on their own websites. And you can do this in just a few clicks. Here, we’ll discover the photo galleries available on iPage.
iPage Photo Gallery Applications
iPage is a leader in web hosting because of its affordable services. They offer web hosting services at inconceivably low rates, perfect for new users. Aside from this, iPage’s service is also unmatched. At a very low rate, you can get unlimited bandwidth, unlimited storage space, unlimited email accounts, a free domain name for the first year, unlimited MySQL databases, vDeck control panel, free advertising credits, SimpleScripts installer, and a lot of add-ons. On top of these, iPage lets you add a photo gallery on your own site without the help of a professional webmaster.
How to add a photo gallery on iPage
- Login to your iPage hosting account and proceed to your vDeck Control Panel.
- Click on the “Scripting and Add-ons” link. A page will appear stating that iPage will no longer be using InstallCentral. Scroll down and just click on the “Continue to SimpleScripts” option.
- On the next page, you will find a list of all the installed applications and scripts on your account and those which can still be installed. Under the “Scripts List” header look for the “Gallery” category. There you will find all the available Photo Gallery Applications provided by iPage including these three: PixelPhoto, Coppermine, and ZenPhoto. Just click on the name of the application you want to use on your site and then click “Install”.
- On the next page, just follow the instructions provided and enter the configurations for your photo gallery including its install directory. After this, just click on the “Complete” option and the installation will proceed. All you need to do now is to wait for the installation to finish and check on your site whether the photo gallery application is already available.
Photo Gallery Applications available on iPage
As discussed earlier, there are three options for your photo gallery: Coppermine, PixelPhoto and ZenPhoto. Here’s a short summary of each photo gallery application.
- Coppermine – This application was created with PHP and MySQL so you can use and display it on almost all web browsers. It’s a free-to-use web application especially designed for displaying image galleries on simple websites. It features a huge collection of skins and can display thumbnails. It also has an advanced search function, password-protection on your albums, and other functions like e-card.
- PixelPhoto – This is also an open source program for photo blogging. It features additional functions not found on conventional photogallery applications like Feed Options and Defensio Spam Blocker.
- ZenPhoto – One of the simplest yet professional-looking photo galleries in the market. This photo gallery also supports drag-and-drop functions for images and allows slideshows with audio and video support. You can also add RSS feeds and other plugins to it.